Slack is your Digital HQ
Connect your people, tools, customers and partners in a digital HQ. Break down communication silos and bring teams together around common goals, projects and processes.
Create flexible connections with employees, customers and partners
- Empower people to achieve success from anywhere by providing them with the flexibility to choose where, how and when they work best.
- Break down silos by bringing everyone across teams, time zones, physical spaces and companies together around common goals and projects.
- Grow engagement in a work-from-anywhere world by recreating quick, informal office discussions with lightweight audio and screen-sharing.
- Give teams a digital-first way to brainstorm, solve time-sensitive issues and chime in on projects using Slack huddles – all without scheduling meetings, so work keeps on flowing uninterrupted.
Work faster with asynchronous collaboration
- Accelerate work by giving everyone across teams, time zones, physical spaces and companies accessible tools to collaborate asynchronously with each other.
- Create short audio, video and screen recordings with Slack clips to provide an update, showcase work, go through a product demo or give step-by-step instructions.
- Watch clips your way – speed them up, slow them down or read the captions. Transcriptions are archived and searchable, adding to your organisation’s knowledge history.
Andy Woodnutt,Director of Global End User Experience, Rocket Software
Slack as your digital HQ
See how others are building their digital HQ
Embracing a digital-first approach to work
Reinventing work: new imperatives for the future of working
Frequently asked questions
A digital HQ is a place where work flows between your people, systems, partners and customers. It removes the limits of physical walls, giving people the flexibility to do their best work where, when and how they prefer. And it empowers everyone to automate common tasks with apps and workflows. In the digital-first era, Slack is the digital HQ that makes work simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Excellent question. Slack is a new way for your entire company to communicate. It replaces email, meetings and outdated processes with something faster, better organised and more secure. When there’s a channel for everything that’s going on at your company, everyone knows exactly where to go to get work done and has the tools that they need to get it done faster.
For more reading on the topic, we recommend taking a look at our Resources Library.
Yes. You can securely discuss confidential information in Slack. Slack offers multiple ways to ensure that your information, conversations and files stay safe. Slack delivers enterprise-grade security at every layer, adhering to multiple compliance certifications, including SOC 2, SOC 3, ISO/IEC 27001 and more. Slack is GDPR-compliant and can be configured for HIPAA and FINRA compliance. It is FedRAMP Moderate authorised.
In addition, Slack offers security features, such as Enterprise Key Management, that give admins control over the fine detail of data encryption. You can also integrate your own security tools with Slack to receive an instant notification if a threat is detected. Learn more about Slack’s comprehensive security programme here.
Huddles aren’t like traditional phone calls. They provide a faster, ad hoc audio experience that recreates the spontaneous and informal conversations that you used to have in the office.
With the free version of Slack, there’s a two-person maximum limit for huddles. With the paid versions of Slack, you can have a huddle with up to 50 people and create clips, too.